Direct Report: Construction Area Manager
FLSA: Exempt/Job Code:
Summary of Classification:
The purpose of this classification is to oversee all subcontractors and management of the individual build/jobsite of the residential home.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university.
- Five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal codes associated with residential development.
- Ability to read and interpret contracts, closing documents, and plats.
- Must possess solid communication and organizational skills.
- Able to multitask and manage multiple jobsites.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Ensure construction activities are being scheduled and completed for deadline closings.
- Ensure quality, OHSA safety, and efficiency is being met at each individual jobsite.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors, subcontractors, inspectors, building officials & engineers.
- Meet with subcontractors on daily basis to provide instructions and inspect quality of work.
- Jobsite problem resolution between all parties on the jobsite.
- Coordinates all site construction activities as required to successfully complete the project.
- Meets, discusses, and sets expectations to vendors and subcontractors before and during construction phases.
- Set and conduct pre-construction meetings with buyer and listing agent to review standard features, upgrades/purchased options and location, house placement, drainage, slope, and other.
- Physical or non-physical barriers.
- Communicates with listing agent and ACM to ensure expectations are being met.
- Conduct Home Owner Orientations with buyer prior to closings and ensures home is complete with all standard features, options per contract, and explanation of warranty procedures.
- Ensures each home is complete per manufacturer requirements, code compliance, with quality and without defect so that no items are missing or inoperable.